“Moorish Granada Tour” Alhambra + Arabian Baths description
In the morning
We will visit the most important halls and courtyards of the Alhambra including the Patio de los Arrayanes (myrtle courtyard), the Patio de los Leones (lion courtyard), the Salon of the Embajadores (ambassador’s hall), and the Sala de los Abencerrajes , which was the scene of a tragic legend. In addition, we shall also visit the Alcazaba or fortress, the royal baths, the partial gardens and the palace of Charles the Fifth.
The visit will then continue to the Generalife, situated next to the Alhambra, and which was a place of leisure and recreation for the moorish kings of granada . The Generalife contains magnificent gardens whith many varied sorts of flowers and fountains, described by the poet “the hidden water weeps”. The visit includes two further courtyards, the Patio de la Acequia and the Patio de la Sultana.
In the afternoon
In the afternoon you will have the possibility to relax in a typical arab bath, the hamman. A hallmark of Granada’s Moorish tradition is its use of water – fountains, pools, trickling streams, and of course the Baños Árabes (Arabic baths). Although it might not reach quite the glorious heights of the Sultan’s own bath, Granada’s Hammam is still a great way to relax after a tough day on the tapas. A soothing color scheme in yellow and blue, the waft of essential oils, chunky adobe pillars and seven pools with different temperatures will put you in a heavenly state of calm. If any stress lingers, choose some scented oils and treat yourself to an optional massage.
Details of the tour
- Dates available: Annual. Except 25th of December & 1st of January.
- Duration: Alhambra: 3 hours approx. / Arabian Bath: 1.50 hours approx.
- Days of operation: Daily: from Monday to Sunday.
- Pick-Up Point & Time: Alhambra: at +/-9.15am & 10.00am at your hotel in Granada city center. Alternatively, the meeting will be always at our Welcome Visitor Centre (at 100m. from the Parking 1 of the Alhambra), between 9.40am and 9.50am. Our centre is open from 8:30 am, so we will be pleased to receive you from that time, whenever you want.. Arabian Bath: at 18:00 horas en la Plaza Santa Ana, 16.
- Drop-Off Point & Time: Alhambra: at 1pm approx. at your hotel in Granada city center.
- Group size: 30 people max.
- Guide languages: Spanish & English – On request French, Italian & German – Consult others: Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish & Norwegian.
• Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel in Granada city center for your Alhambra tour.
• Tickets for every area of the Alhambra opened to the public (Nasrid Palaces, Alcazaba fortress, Generalife…).
• Official Tourist Guide.
• Tickets for the Arabian Baths (Hammam).
• Meals or any service not specified.
• 15 min. Massage in the Hammam (optional for 19€)
Information regarding the Arab baths
The Arab baths are located in Plaza Santa Ana 16 (Granada).
You can chose between two options:
Option 1: Alhambra, Arab bath, massage and aromatic therapy
Option 2: Alhambra and Arab bath
Children, accompanied by their parents, aged younger than 6 years entre free. However, we strongly recommend not to enter the baths with children under 3 years due to high amount of humidity and the danger of dehydration.
Booking and payment
Your booking will be automatically confirmed. After finishing the booking process via our secured booking system, you will receive both, the confirmation e-mail and the voucher, in your inbox. You can pay comfortably with your credit card (VISA and MasterCard) or via banking transfer (IBAN/BIC).
Your booking will automatically enter into our system, thus your confirmation is not required. However, in case you did not tell us about your hotel for the pick-up location we kindly ask you to do so the day before your starts between 11am and 1pm, calling at +34 682 086 011 o +34 958 535 872.
1. Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Confirmation of Reservation via email.
2. Simply print your purchase voucher and present it to your touristic guide on the day and time of your activity. This voucher is your only proof of purchase and it will not be accepted any other document to allow you to do your activity.
Due to the length of the walking tour we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes and drink sufficiently water during the walk.
Special tariffs for children aged younger than 12 years.
We recommend to be at pick-up point (hotel lobby or entrance) 10 minutes before the tour starts.
In case you would like to cancel or modify the booking please get in touch with us via the online form.
Groups regularly change in size and nationality. In order to facilitate these changes, your visit may be given in two different languages.