Day Trip to Sierra Nevada description
Enclaved in the central part of the Penibetic Mountain, the Sierra Nevada massif constitutes the most extensive mountainous are in Spain, with a structure all of its own. Called ‘Sierra of the Sun’ by the Arabs, it houses one of the most valuable faunas in the whole of Europe.
Sierra Nevada is a rocky massif that forms a clearly distinct geographical unit. It is located to the south-east of the city of Granada and extends along the western end of Almería. It offers a sharp contrast between the soft relief of hillocks to other more rugged areas. The biggest peaks on the Peninsula can be found in this Reserve: Mulhacén (3,.482 m) and Veleta (3,392 m). The main plant communities dotted over this rocky massif are the holm oak groves, deciduous forests, chestnut trees and Melojo oaks, high mountain groves and padded brushwood on the very highest summits, where the species form a cushion to protect themselves from the winter temperatures and icy winds. As for fauna, there are invertebrates that are exclusive to this massif, including more than 20 species of butterflies. Species of small birds abound, as well as a large number of birds of prey and different mammals, including the mountain goat that grazes on the high mountain .
More details of the day trip to Sierra Nevada
- The best possible view of Granada!
- Includes: return transport, local expert guide (english) and some delicious tapas.
- Doesn’t include: drinks (except with the tapas)
- Meeting point: your hotel in Granada capital (you can also confirm the hotel’s location after the booking in case you have not booked it yet) with pick-up between 09:00 and 09:30 am.
- Duration: aprox. 4 hours
Booking and payment
Your booking will be automatically confirmed. After finishing the booking process via our secured booking system, you will receive both, the confirmation e-mail and the voucher, in your inbox. You can pay comfortably with your credit card (VISA and MasterCard) or via banking transfer (IBAN/BIC).
Your booking will automatically enter into our system, thus your confirmation is not required. However, in case you did not tell us about your hotel for the pick-up location we kindly ask you to do so the day before your starts between 11am and 1pm, calling at +34 682 086 011 o +34 958 535 872.
1. Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Confirmation of Reservation via email.
2. Simply print your purchase voucher and present it to your touristic guide on the day and time of your activity. This voucher is your only proof of purchase and it will not be accepted any other document to allow you to do your activity.
Due to the length of the walking tour we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes and drink sufficiently water during the walk.
Special tariffs for children aged younger than 12 years.
We recommend to be at pick-up point (hotel lobby or entrance) 10 minutes before the tour starts.
In case you would like to cancel or modify the booking please get in touch with us via the online form.