Las Alpujarras de Granada Tour description
La Alpujarra de Granada (sometimes Las Alpujarras de Granada) is a mountainous district in Southern Spain, which stretches south from the Sierra Nevada mountains near Granada in the autonomous region of Andalusia. The western part of the region lies in the province of Granada and the eastern part in the province of Almería. In older sources the name is sometimes spelled Alpuxarras; it may derive from Arabic al Busherat meaning “the grass-land”.
This excursion not only includes interesting cultural elements, but is also recommended for those interested in nature and landscape, since it is placed at the area of Sierra Nevada mountains on the Mediterranean. The climate variety here has made the Alpujarras one of the most important areas in Europe for botanists, because of the variety of species to be found. We must also take into account the important moorish cultural heritage, the characteristic landscape made up of small white villages with their earthen, flat-roofed houses, and their small terraces cut into the mountainside for farming, some of which are over 2.000 metres above sea level. All of these aspects combine to make a visit to this unique area a must.
We will visit Lanjaron, a famous spa town with its medical waters, and Orgiva, the central town of this mountainous region. In addition to a series of picturesque villages such as Carataunas, Pampaneira, Pitres, Portugos with its Fuente Agria or bitter spring water, and Trevelez, the highest village in Spain. We shall then continue through Bubion to Capileira, where a typical lunch will be served.
More details of the Alpujarras tour
- Dates available: Annual – Except 25th of December and 1st of January.
- Departure city: Granada.
- Duration: 8 hours approx.
- Days of operation: Thursday and Saturday.
- Departure Point & Time: Between 8.30 and 9am. at your hotel in Granada city center.
- Return Point & Time: 5pm approx. drop off in your hotel.
- Tour Group Size: 30 people max.
- Guide Languages: Spanish and English – French, German and Italian on request. Consult others.
● Pick-up and Drop-off from your hotel in Granada city center
● Official Tourist Guide
● Traditional lunch “Alpujarreño” in Capileira.
Booking and payment
Your booking will be automatically confirmed. After finishing the booking process via our secured booking system, you will receive both, the confirmation e-mail and the voucher, in your inbox. You can pay comfortably with your credit card (VISA and MasterCard) or via banking transfer (IBAN/BIC).
Your booking will automatically enter into our system, thus your confirmation is not required. However, in case you did not tell us about your hotel for the pick-up location we kindly ask you to do so the day before your starts between 11am and 1pm, calling at +34 682 086 011 o +34 958 535 872.
1. Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Confirmation of Reservation via email.
2. Simply print your purchase voucher and present it to your touristic guide on the day and time of your activity. This voucher is your only proof of purchase and it will not be accepted any other document to allow you to do your activity.
Due to the length of the walking tour we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes and drink sufficiently water during the walk.
Special tariffs for children aged younger than 12 years.
We recommend to be at pick-up point (hotel lobby or entrance) 10 minutes before the tour starts.
In case you would like to cancel or modify the booking please get in touch with us via the online form.